Working For Us
There are many benefits to working for the Pioneer Learning Trust:
- Competitive salaries and career development opportunities
- Access to ongoing professional development and training both on-site and with local partners
- A comprehensive Employee Assistance Package for all staff with access to support and advice in areas such as legal support, Health Advice and wellbeing support including online, telephone and face to face counselling
- Low cost childcare for staff children (school age) in all schools
- Access to a staff crèche for babies and pre-school age children, based at Chantry Primary Academy
- Complimentary staff refreshments in all our staffrooms
- Complimentary school meals (when eaten with pupils)
In addition to the many benefits of working in our schools the Pioneer Learning Trust schools work together to ensure that all personnel are provided with opportunities to develop professionally and forge a career in education. We actively encourage professionals to develop their skills and undertake training such as National Professional Qualifications for Middle Leadership, Senior Leadership, Headship, SENCO. Many of our senior teaching staff have become Specialist Leaders in Education (SLEs) and have the opportunity to work in other schools in support and advisory roles.
Where opportunities arise for career development within our schools these are offered to suitable applicants within the Trust before looking externally – this includes positions such as specialist TA positions, Higher Level Teaching Assistant vacancies, full or part time teaching opportunities or TLR Posts. Staff may also have the opportunity to work across 2 or more schools at the same time.
Support staff are encouraged to develop their skills and expertise in areas such as SEN, behaviour or teaching and learning. A number of our support staff have gone on to attain teaching qualifications and we are currently supporting a number of trainee teachers to achieve Qualified Teacher Status within our schools.